My name is Laura Rayborn, and I am the director of the Miss New Mexico USA and Miss New Mexico Teen USA pageants.
I would like to say thank you to all the contestants that have participated in the past pageants and will be participating our upcoming pageant next weekend. Taking place January 26th and 27th at the Onate Performance Art Center in Las Cruces, New Mexico!
Looking forward to an amazing pageant!
I am very blessed to have had the opportunity to have worked with so many young ladies over the years.
As a director I do feel the need to explain and reiterate rules and regulations to be able and compete in our system! The Miss USA organization has changed a few rules and kept a few things the same!
Contestants to be able to compete:
– Must be between the ages of 14 and 28
– never been married: no children
– US resident or born in the us
– as for multiple states competitions. // I have directed Miss El Paso / Corpus Christi Texas for the past 21 years.
– You must be a resident of the state you are participating in for three months – this used to be a 6 months rule.
– you can live in one state / attend school in another state and still be able to compete in both.
– you can compete in one state (if you do not win) you can move to another state (live there for three months and participate in another state)
For example the Miss Texas USA was Labor Day weekend. If a contestant competes in Texas – does not win – she can move to New Mexico (live there for three months and compete in New Mexico USA or NM Teen USA since our pageant is at the end of January. That’s a five months gap.
Also if you live in one state – go to school –
and your parents live in another state – you can participate in both STATES NO MATTER if the pageants are weeks apart.
As directors of course we are required to check residency information showing proof and request certain documents.
Also, as the owner of Laura’a Productions – Modeling | Talent | Pageants | Promotions – contestants can be models in our agency. They can participate in shows produced by the agency, intern with us, and get as much experience needed to be able to participate. These opportunities are open to every contestant. Lots of contestants from New Mexico and El Paso have participated with us, and have modeled for the agency over the years.
Happy competing to everyone out there!
Hope you can join us next weekend!
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at my office number. Please leave a message and I will personally contact you back!