MISS TEEN USA TALENT ANNOUNCEMENT - SATURDAY, JULY 29 AT 6PM PT / 9PM ET | SYMPHONY HALL IN PHOENIX
INTERNATIONAL MULTI-TALENTED PERFORMER JORGE BLANCO ANNOUNCED
AS MUSICAL ACT FOR 2017 MISS TEEN USA® COMPETITION
CELEBRITY TRAINER HEIDI POWELL AND
E! ENTERTAINMENT CORRESPONDENT ERIN LIM
PLUS JUDGES PANEL ANNOUNCED
NEW YORK, NY (July 19, 2017) – The Miss Universe Organization has announced global recording artist, dancer, songwriter and actor Jorge Blanco is set to perform his smash single, “Summer Soul,” during the upcoming MISS TEEN USA® competition streamed live on MissTeenUSA.com Saturday, July 29 (6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET) from Symphony Hall in Phoenix, Arizona. Fans can also tune-in to the official Miss Teen USA Facebook page to watch the show.
Additionally, Heidi Powell, well-known celebrity trainer and transformation specialist, and Erin Lim, who is the face of E!’s popular Snapchat series, “The Rundown,” will take the stage together to host the competition.
The judges who will help determine the next Miss Teen USA are as follows:
- Divya Gugnani: Serial entrepreneur and co-founder of Wander Beauty, globally-inspired multitasking beauty essentials
- Kalani Hilliker: American dancer, model, and television personality who stars in the hit show “Dance Moms”
- K. Lee Graham: Miss Teen USA 2014; current student at University of South Carolina Honors College with a focus in pre-law
- Tamaya Petteway: Senior Vice President of Endemol Shine North America's Brand and Licensing Partnerships Division
- Syleste Rodriguez: Emmy® Award nominee and anchor of FOX 10 in Phoenix, Arizona
Women representing all 50 states and the District of Columbia will compete for the opportunity of becoming the next Miss Teen USA. The 2017 MISS TEEN USA® Competition is a not-to-be-missed annual event that will conclude with Miss Teen USA Karlie Hay crowning her successor. As a platform for young women to foster their goals and build their self-confidence, MISS TEEN USA® will now provide a scholarship as part of the opportunities the winner of Miss Teen USA receives.
Additionally, for the second year in a row, the show will celebrate women who lead active, purposeful lives by featuring athletic wear designed by Yandy in place of swimsuits. Yandy developed ten options for the contestants which will be available immediately for purchase at http://www.yandy.com/2017-miss-teen-usa
To learn more about this year’s contestants please visit: www.missteenusa.com/contestants.
To apply for a MISS TEEN USA® media credential, please visit: http://www.press.missuniverse.com/onlocation/.